Thank you to Kerry McKim, author of the great blog Running Forward…My Way, for nominating me for a Liebster Award. Kerry shares her tumultuous emotional journey as a widow following the death of her husband Bryon on her blog found at kerrymckim.com
The Liebster Award is an online award started in 2011 given by bloggers to other bloggers as a way to recognize, appreciate, and help promote blog content they value. So again, thank you Kerry for including me on your list! As recipient of this Liebster Award I will now share 11 facts about myself and answer the 11 questions Kerry has offered, followed by my own list of bloggers which I enjoy reading as they all have their own perspectives on the world. Their blogs make me think, smile, and appreciate life, and I look forward to the posts they share. I highly recommend this list of bloggers and have provided them with my own list of questions for them to answer.
11 Facts about Myself
- I have one son, three daughters and one granddaughter
- I did a study abroad semester in Nottingham, England back in the 80’s
- Following my semester in England I traveled via Eurail Pass and hitchhiking, and today still regale my children with my many stories of the people I met, danced, and drank Guiness with in Ireland, Austria, Germany, England, Netherlands, Italy and France
- I wrote a humorous column for a small newspaper in Maine about the many exploits of being a mother of four children and too numerous to mention pets
- I gave birth to my fourth child at home with the excellent help of my midwife, Gloria
- As a certified Lamaze Childbirth Educator, I taught both childbirth and sibling classes
- I met Elisabeth Kubler Ross, a hero of mine
- All the pictures on my blog are taken by me or one of my children from our various travels
- I was once told by a patient that I would look a lot better if I did something with my hair
- I played field hockey in high school and college.
- Long ago before nursing and children, I received a Bachelor’s degree in Communication Disorders
11 Answers to Questions from Kerry
- What book is on your (proverbial) nightstand? Far From The Tree by A Solomon
- What is a place you have always wanted to go to but haven’t made it there yet? Machu Picchu in Peru
- What are your hobbies? I wouldn’t necessarily call these hobbies, but I enjoy hiking, going to the beach, listening to music and eating out
- In what way has grief changed you? Grief has made me appreciate that even in the most difficult times in my life, that there has also been bits of good that would have only come having experienced the grief of those bad events
- What is your favorite holiday? Why? My favorite holiday is Christmas…I love the shopping, the decorations, the music, the spirit of the holiday, and I even made my children’s stockings which I still hang each year
- What is your favorite childhood memory? One of my favorite childhood memories is walking down the hill through the woods behind my house to the big pond where everyone went skating
- If you could give one piece of advice to your high school self, what would it be? One piece of advice I would give my high school self is that this will only be a very small piece of what my life will eventually become.
- If you were in a new city and you had to choose between going to a professional sports game or a museum, which would you choose? Definitely the museum
- What was the last concert you attended? Celine Dion at the Colosseum in Las Vegas
- How do you take your coffee? Cream only
- We are all geeks in some way or another. In what way are you a geek? I was the geek who watched Dark Shadows and played Barbies as a kid, and enjoyed reading Harry Potter as much as my kids as an adult
And now to pay it forward, these are my nominations for the Liebster Award, they are varied in their topics, but all offering great reads on their various topics. I hope you will enjoy them as I do.
- Jake writes Looking For God in Messy Places jakeowensby.com
- Brad and Sam write Rwanderers Life & wanderings in Africa rwanderers.com.au
- Joshua’s Joshua Evan Photography joshuaevanphotography.com
- Loons writes Hey Loons heyloons.com
- Gretchen writes Daughter on Duty daughteronduty.wordpress.com
- Annie writes Keep on Rouland keeponrouland.blog
- Piotr writes Flight to Heaven flighttoheaven.blog
- Amy writes Hospice Diary hospicediary.com
- Roy writes The Olympians theolympians.co
- Susan writes Shave Ice & Gelato shaveicegelato.com
For those who accept the award, these are my questions to you…
- What do you hope your readers get out of your blog?
- Where has been the most favorite place you have lived?
- Are you still in touch with anyone you grew up with?
- Who have you lost in life that you wish you could visit one more time?
- If you could choose any job in the world, what would you choose?
- Country, city, beach or mountains?
- What was the last song that stuck in your head?
- What is your favorite post of those you’ve written?
- What was your last act of kindness?
- Last funny movie watched? Sad movie? Drama?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
Here are your guidelines for acceptance of the Liebster Award:
- Display the award on your blog and write a post about the award.
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog. Tell the reader a little about your nominator.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- Give the nominees 11 questions to answer on their blog.
- List these rules in your post.
- Notify the nominees of the Liebster Award and ask if they would be happy to accept, and if so, send them a link to your post.